On Tuesday August 30, 2016 at 3:00am – 6:00am, Banner system maintenance will be performed. During this maintenance window, all Banner services (Internet Native Banner (INB), Banner Self Service, Job submission) and related Banner applications (e.g. Appworx, Infosilem, Evision, etc.) will be unavailable.
Information: IST Helpdesk 973-596-2900
There was an electrical power outage in the Weston, Specht, Colton, and Campbell Hall building complex. This impacted the network connectivity in these buildings as well as the network and telephone service in the CHEN, EDC2 and EDC3 buildings.
Info: IST service desk 973-596-2900
Webmail by Gmail web-based email is currently unavailable. Service is expected to be restored by 9am.
On Wednesday August 10, 7am – 8:30am maintenance will be performed on NJIT’s telephone system. During this maintenance window, there may be a brief interruption with incoming telephone calls to NJIT from outside of the university. Internal and outbound calls will not be impacted.
Information: IST service desk, 973-596-2900
The Certificate for NJIT network authentication was recently updated since it was due to expire. Some network authenticated devices; particularly IOS, and Windows 10 devices; may ask you to verify the certificate again, as you would when you first connect.
IOS will display a Certificate Message. Windows 10 will overlay a message to connect in the Wireless pull-down for the Wireless Network Name (SSID).
If you see a certificate verification request, please confirm it is this certificate:
Issued by DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA
Expires 8/18/17, 8:00AM
If it is the above certificate, please accept/trust/connect to it.
Please contact the IST Computing Help Desk at 973-596-2900 if you have any questions.
Beginning at 5:00 am Tuesday, July 26, 2016, for approximately one hour, NJIT’s Webauth authentication service (Shibboleth) will undergo maintenance. See http://ist.njit.edu/webauth for a list of services will be interrupted during maintenance.
As part of maintenance the login page for WebMail by Google will receive a new look (see below).
Given the nature of this maintenance we would like to remind the community of the following:
- Always be wary of electronic solicitations where you are asked to provide personally identifiable information or accounts and/or passwords. Providing such information may result in identity theft, which can be expensive to resolve, detrimental to your credit rating, and extremely inconvenient.
- Never open attachments or click on links within an email unless you trust the source.
- NJIT will never ask you to REPLY to an e-mail with private information (SSN, date of birth, user IDs/passwords).
- NJIT log-on credentials will only be asked at the legitimate point of entry to a NJIT system (e.g. Highlander Pipeline, Moodle, Webmail by Google) when you have actively initiated entry to the system. Be wary of providing log-in credentials unless you have initiated the action.
- Always use strong passwords and change them on a regular basis.
If you have questions or suspect you may have been victimized by one of these scams, please contact the IST Help Desk at (973) 596-2900.
Screenshot of revised login page:
On Thurday, July 14 at approximately 8:30am – 9am network maintenance will be performed to replace a failing network device supporting portions of the 3rd and 4th floors of CAB. This maintenance is due to a power failure in CAB 3rd floor on Wednesday at 6:34am that caused users to temporarily loose internet access. The connection has been temporarily repaired and is currently operational.
The network maintenance on Thursday 07/14 between 8:30 and 9:30 am will cause the Wireless network to be down for approximately 30 minutes in the CAB 3rd and 4th floors. There is a small chance the repair may cause a 15 minute outage for the wired connections as well.
If you have any questions regarding this outage, please contact the IST Helpdesk Mon-Fri 8am – 6pm at 973-596-2900.