On 6/17/2021 Cisco pushed an unexpected update to NJIT’s Webex service. As a result of this update, the following problems have been observed:
- Students, faculty, and staff have been unable to join Webex meetings
- The Webex Meeting application on mobile devices is not working
- Delays logging into Webex
- Webex Events are failing to launch
Cisco is aware of this issue and the Information Services & Technology (IST) Division is working with them to resolve these issues.
In the interim, the following steps have resolved this issue in most cases:
- Uninstall the Webex application on your computer and/or phone
- Restart your device
- Install the latest version of the Webex application
- Start and/or connect to your meeting
Alternatively, Google Meet can be used instead of Webex.
We appreciate your patience and will be sending out updates as they are made available.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact the IST ServiceDesk at 973-596-2900 or email@example.com.